North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper has announced an easing of COVID-related restrictions to begin at 5 pm on Friday, September 4, 2020. Phase 2.5 is possible because several of the metrics required for lessening of restrictions have been met. Gov. Cooper notes that there is still a need for caution and attention to personal safety.
Phase 2.5 means the following for North Carolina, and Beech Mountain:
- Mass gathering limits will increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors from the current limit of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors.
- Playgrounds may open.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
- Gyms and indoor exercise facilities, such as yoga studios, martial arts, and rock climbing, as well as skating rinks, bowling alleys, indoor basketball, volleyball etc., may open at 30% capacity.
- Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, indoor entertainment facilities, amusement parks, dance halls will remain closed.
- Large venues remain subject to the mass gathering limits.
Beech Mountain’s Buckeye Recreation Center will be opening to the public on Tuesday, September 8th. Outdoor playgrounds will re-open as well.