While enjoying the peacefulness of mile-high Beech Mountain accommodations and views on your family vacation, you’re never far from a variety of mountain activities, all of which are within a 35-minute drive from Beech Mountain:
- Grandfather Mountain — A popular tourist attraction with a nature center, animal habitats, hiking trails, gift shops and the famous Mile-High Swinging Bridge
- Tweetsie Railroad — Western North Carolina’s historic wild-west family theme park
- Blue Ridge Parkway — 469 scenic miles of America’s Favorite Drive
- Linville Caverns — North Carolina’s only cavern attraction that’s open to the public
- Linville Gorge — Hike and explore the deepest chasm east of the Grand Canyon
- Mystery Hill — Bend the law of gravity in this mind-blowing attraction
- Penland School of Crafts — The center for crafts education in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Horn in the West — This outdoor drama in an amphitheater in downtown Boone tells the story of frontiersman Daniel Boone and the fight for American Independence
- Blue Ridge Music Trails — Find the best venues to hear bluegrass, old-time and traditional mountain music in Western North Carolina
And be sure to check out all the great area options for dining and shopping. Shoppers will find plenty to explore in the 35 stores of Tanger Outlet Center Shoppes on the Parkway in Blowing Rock, Boone Mall, the historic Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, and the fine shopping districts located in the neighboring towns of Boone, Banner Elk and Blowing Rock.
Beech Mountain is also home to a variety of dining choices ranging from brick-oven pizza and freshly-cut steaks to Appalachian signature dishes and gourmet meals by candlelight. Nearby, you’ll find everything from French to fusion in upscale restaurants, bars and pubs located throughout the surrounding High Country.
For more info on exploring Western North Carolina attractions or planning your next family vacation in Beech Mountain, NC, contact the Beech Mountain Visitors Center at 800-468-5506.
Beech Mountain is located within the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area. For more info on cultural, historical and artistic pursuits within the BRNHA, click the logo below …